Location: In-person and/or virtual
Who is Eligible: Eligibility determined by screen.
Using a research and evidence-based curriculum, from the Canadian Centre for Child Protection, our Specialists teach children and youth personal safety strategies in a fun and engaging way. In developing the root safety strategies, strategies are used to increase children’s rate of retention and to facilitate recall. Rhythm, rhyme, repetition, and multi-modal methods (i.e. visual, auditory, and kinesthetic) are incorporated throughout the program while using the science of ABA to teach. Children will build resiliency skills that that can reduce their likelihood of victimization in the online and offline world. Parents can expect their child to learn about:
- Reduce child/youth victimization by teaching children effective personal safety strategies.
- Build resiliency skills (i.e. assertiveness, self-awareness, social-emotional competence, problem-solving, critical thinking, and low-risk choice making skills).
- Encourage children to report concerning experiences and behaviours.
- Provide messaging to those who have experienced abuse that they are not to blame.
- Enhance communication between parents and children about personal safety.
Cost: No out of pocket expenses for families currently receiving funds through the OAP and for families paying out of pocket, ABI is pleased to offer a sliding scale in an effort to serve our Families. Contact us for the cost of the lessons which are determined by the whether you wish to engage in a customised program or partial/full support.